After years of planning and several months of intense work, we are proud to debut the redesign of our website. This is the 3rd version of the site since our program launched almost 9 years ago. (Thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, you can actually see snapshots of the first 2 versions from Dec 2004 and Jul 2009.) The new site boasts a modern, elegant look as well as lots of custom features such as:
- Enter via 1 of 3 portals designed for prospective students, colleagues interested in our faculty & research, or members of the community.
- Meet our faculty and students via interactive portraits that showcase their affiliations across 5 departments and 4 tracks.
- Each faculty portrait leads to a personalized page describing research and publications, with data sourced from the new Scholars@Duke.
- Each student portrait queries a database of >250 student publications, which can also be searched by name, year, keyword.
- Track our student statistics for admissions and job placement.
- Home page sliders and news links on most pages to highlight latest developments.
- Dozens of pictures taken by our own students, staff, and faculty.
Within the past month, there were also major website redesigns for Radiology and Radiation Oncology, our 2 biggest departments.