- 6 core courses
- 1 track-specific course
- 1 minor track course
- 1 frontier course
- 4 seminars (Distinguished Lectures in Medical Physics)
- 5 elective courses (including practica)
- 2 professionalism and academic topic courses
- Passing a written qualifier exam
- Passing an oral doctoral qualifier exam (prelim)
- A doctoral dissertation including dissertation document and defense
- 39 course credits + 1 c.h. frontiers = 40 c.h.
- Duration is 2 years of course work and typically 2-4 years of additional research.