News & Events
Open House on Oct 18, 2013
(2013-09-08) Duke Medical Physics is holding an Open House on Friday Oct 18, 2013, 10 am - 6 pm. Come visit Duke and learn more about medical physics and our graduate program! Each fall, the open house brings prospective students to campus for a full day event. You will have a chance to meet faculty and students, tour our facilities, and much more. The Open House page will be updated with the latest information and schedules.
New website goes live!
(2013-08-28) After years of planning and several months of intense work, we are proud to debut the redesign of our website. This is the 3rd version of the site since our program launched almost 9 years ago. (Thanks to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, you can actually see snapshots of the first 2 versions from Dec 2004 and Jul 2009.) The new site boasts a modern, elegant look as well as lots of custom features such as:
- Enter via 1 of 3 portals designed for prospective students, colleagues interested in our faculty & research, or members of the community.
- Meet our faculty and students via interactive portraits that showcase their affiliations across 5 departments and 4 tracks.
- Each faculty portrait leads to a personalized page describing research and publications, with data sourced from the new Scholars@Duke.
- Each student portrait queries a database of >250 student publications, which can also be searched by name, year, keyword.
- Track our student statistics for admissions and job placement.
- Home page sliders and news links on most pages to highlight latest developments.
- Dozens of pictures taken by our own students, staff, and faculty.
Sep seminars: Segars, Cai, etc.
(2013-08-26) The fall semester begins today. Here are the first few talks of the semester for MP 751 Seminars in Medical Physics. See that link for the latest schedule.
|Medical Imaging Simulation Using Computer Phantoms|
|Sep 16||Jing Cai PhD
Duke Radiation Oncology
|MRI-based Motion Management for Radiation Therapy|
|Sep 23||Matthew Belley &
Duke Med. Phys.
|Doctoral Research Showcase|
(2013-08-20) About 80 faculty, staff, and students gathered at the Duke Faculty Club to enjoy a picnic with NC-style BBQ. This is an annual tradition to welcome our new students and kick off the new academic year.
Photos by Katherine S. Hand and Alina S. Hand.
Yin elected to AAPM Board
(2013-07-23) Congratulations to Fang-Fang Yin, PhD, Associate Director and faculty member of our program, who was elected today to the AAPM Board as one of the Members-at-Large. His term begins on January 1, 2014. As stated in an email from Beth A. Schueler, Ph.D., AAPM Secretary, "The AAPM serves its membership through the dedicated efforts of many volunteers. These individuals have accepted particularly important roles, and we appreciate them and the others who were willing to stand for election."